The 5th International Conference on Imaging Technologies
in Biomedical Sciences (ITBS 2009)
From Physiology and Cellular Biology to Pathology through Imaging
will be held from September 13 through September 16, 2009
on the beautiful island of Milos, located in the southwest corner
of the Cyclades Islands in Greece.
This event is scheduled as the continuation of the previous ITBS-Conferences;
it will be hosted in the Milos Conference Center - George Eliopoulos,
in a quiet and modern environment with high aesthetic standards,
surrounded by the island's special charm due to the rare morphology of its terrain
and its mineral wealth.
ITBS-2009 represents a unique opportunity for Physicians together with Physicists
all over the world to present and discuss their work and the new development
in a variety of subjects of the Imaging Technologies in the Biomedical Sciences.
- Current Development in Imaging Technologies
- Hardware Components, Data Acquisition and Reconstruction
- Simulation Techniques
- Radiopharmaceuticals and Contrast Media
- Experimental and Small Animal Imaging
- Clinical Imaging (PET, SPECT, CT, MRI) and Multimodalities
- Image Visualisation and Processing
- Image Interpretation and Tele-Imaging
- New Ideas
The scientific sessions consist of plenary sessions only. There will also be a poster session.
Posters will be displayed throughout the whole Conference.
The proceedings of the Conference will be published; they will include both
the oral presentations and the poster presentations.
- M. Goris (Stanford University, USA): "Clinical Validating of Diagnostic Procedures"
- C. Halldin (Karolinska Inst., SE): "PET in Drug Development"
- B. Knoop (Hannover Medical School, DE) : "Multi-Centre Trials with PET: Physical Prerequisites"
- A. Olivo (University College of London, UK): "Advances in Phase Contrast Imaging"
- L. Strauss (DKFZ Heidelberg, DE): "Modeling in PET Studies"
- J.N. Talbot (Hopital Tenon, Paris, FR): "The new PET Radiopharmaceuticals"
- A. Todd-Pokropek (University College of London, UK): "Research and Development in Medical Imaging: Darwin's Theory about Product Development"
- P. Guiderdoni (Faculte Medecine Claude Bernard Lyon Est, FR): "Claude Bernard: Le Milieu Interieur"
- N. Giokaris (University of Athens and IASA, GR): "The Search for the Higgs Particle: Status and Prospects"
- 20 July 2009: Definite deadline for abstract submission.
- 25 July 2009: Abstract acceptance - Online program announcement.
- 17 August 2009: Deadline for early registration with reduced fees.